Italic 意大利斜體（又名義大利體），具有古典美和立體感，在文藝復興時期興起。因為它的書寫特徵，曲線優美而且易讀，在當時大大提高書寫效率，傳遍歐洲。此課程包括：書寫工具介紹和應用，探討意大利小階字體 (a至z)的基礎書寫技巧，連字和簡單詞語書寫，讓參加者體驗Italic的書寫樂趣。
2023年6月 - (滿額）
Not Just A Card 環球之藝Studio
- 小階字體結構(a to z)
Italic script, also known as "Chancery Cursive," is one of the most popular styles used in western calligraphy. Italic is an elegant and classy script that every calligrapher’s must have. For students who have not tried the Italic style before (or are absolute beginners), you will find this the most beautiful and useful of all calligraphic styles.
No prior calligraphy or lettering experience is necessary, just lots of patience and enthusiasm! This is a great class for complete beginners, but also for those who need some revision.
June (Class Full)
Face to face workshop
Absolute Beginner or for those who want to refine their existing skills
Not Just A Card Studio Shop at Cheung Sha Wan, Hong Kong.
1 minute walk from Cheung Sha Wan MTR, C1 Exit.
(Map & Location)
Mainly in Cantonese, supplemented with English handouts. Your instructor Cyrus Pang can also speak English and Chinese Mandarin.
(About the calligrapher)
YOU WILL LEARN:
- An introduction to the materials, tools and how to set them up.
- How to load the nib with ink.
- Execution and ink flow problems.
- Writing posture and pen grip.
- Fundamental strokes of lowercase (minuscules) and thoroughly understanding the shapes of the letters.
- How to combine the letters to make words and sentences.
- How to turn the fundamentals into variations.
You will need to bring:
- HB or 2B Pencil/mechanical pencil to take notes
- Coloured pen/gel pen to take notes
- Participants must be aged 12 years or above.
- Workshop fees are strictly non-refundable.
- No exchange of date upon registration.
- If the minimum number does not meet, the class maybe cancelled and students will be notified via email 2 days prior to the beginning of the first class. Students can choose to receive a full refund or change to another workshop date.
"I enjoyed the class so much!!! Cyrus has his own way of teaching that is so easy to understand and practice. Very well paced, he is not rushing through the session at all. Very well worth your time!" - by Linh N. (Facebook - July 2019)
"Cyrus thankyou so much for a truly wonderful experience, my journey in copperplate has begun all thanks to you, I can't believe how passionate and professional you are about calligraphy, but it shows as soon as I walked into your shop "NOT JUST A CARD". People need to go and try one of Cyrus' classes you will not be sorry and the information you receive is given in a humble but highly skilled format. I never picked up a dip pen before last w/end but have been practicing since then due to Cyrus teaching and encouragement, his shop is like Willy Wonkas but Cyrus Calligraphy, lastly Cyrus is a genuine gentleman thanks again, so grateful." - by Gavin R. (Google Review - Feb 2020)
"This store is truly amazing! So much to choose from and Cyrus has everything a calligrapher could want. It’s so hard to find a shop that has the range and it’s great to be able to view products before you buy. Cyrus is so fantastic too, so helpful and accommodating any needs or concerns you have with calligraphy. He offers first class workshops that is certainly worth checking out. Once you visit his shop you just want to keep returning." by Carole M. (Google Review - Jan 2020)