Awagami Orihon Japanese Accordion Book - Bokashi Pattern
- 12.2 x 18.3 cm.
- 19 pages.
- This book cover is made of washi paper, hand-dyed individually with organic Awa-ai (indigo) grown in Tokushima, Japan.
- This book is used by Japanese tourists to collect commemorative stamps at different temples they visit. For others, it makes for a beautiful guest book or for scrapbooking, drawing, collage art and more.
- Slight tonal variations may occur due to the organic nature of the materials used.
- Since all covers are individually hand-dyed, each book will have slight natural variations in colour and texture.
- The writing pages are made of washi paper suitable for fountain pen, felt-tipped pen, ballpoint pen, pencils, markers and brushes.
- Made in Japan.
- Awagami’s home of Tokushima is the birthplace of Japanese indigo where farmers have been cultivating it for centuries. The humble beauty of indigo was revived during the Japanese folk-crafts or ‘Mingei’ movement (1965) and our mill proudly carries on our forefathers indigo tradition. This handmade accordion-fold book features a textured indigo paper cover that has been crinkled and slowly dyed to create its pattern. Inside you will find fairly smooth heavyweight washi pages suitable for writing, drawing, collage, stamping, scrapbooking, etc