Awagami Orihon Japanese Accordion Book - Shima Stripe Pattern
- 12.2 x 18.3 cm.
- 19 pages.
- This book cover is made of washi paper, hand-dyed individually using natural Kakishibu (persimmon) pigment.
- This book is used by Japanese tourists to collect commemorative stamps at different temples they visit. For others, it makes for a beautiful guest book or for scrapbooking, drawing, collage art and more.
- Slight tonal variations may occur due to the organic nature of the materials used.
- Since all covers are individually hand-dyed, each book will have slight natural variations in colour and texture.
- The writing pages are made of washi paper suitable for fountain pen, felt-tipped pen, ballpoint pen, pencils, markers and brushes.
- Made in Japan.
- In the late Fall as persimmon trees begin to bear fruit its time at Awagami to start thinking about Kakishibu (natural persimmon tannin). This rich brown pigment has been used for waterproofing Japanese paper umbrellas since antiquity and these days, kakishibu has come back into fashion as an eco-friendly colourant for clothing and accessories. The striped paper covers of this book are hand brushed with kakishibu to reveal a lovely stripe pattern. Inside you will find fairly smooth heavyweight washi pages suitable for writing, drawing, collage, stamping, scrapbooking, etc