This BRAND NEW Calligraphy Tasting Workshop is for you if you are:
- Interested in learning calligraphy but not sure where to start?
- Interested in several calligraphy scripts but not sure which script to start with?
- Already have some writing tools at home but not sure if they are suitable for calligraphy writing?
- Curious to try your hands on dip pen calligraphy but could not find time to learn?
In this 2.5 hours workshop, your instructor, Cyrus Pang will demonstrate and talk about different calligraphy scripts (including pointed nib and broad nib calligraphy), writing materials and how to use them, basic stroke forms, and you will be able to follow along each step of the way, so that you can get a basic understanding of the scripts as well as the writing tools. Perhaps by the end of the class, you may find out which one is your favourite script to start with! Anyone can do calligraphy, it's not rocket science, just practice makes perfect!
The following scripts will be covered:
- Copperplate (using a pointed nib)
- Italic (using a broad nib)
This is a CALLIGRAPHY TASTING workshop, you won't be learning all the 26 alphabets, but samples of each script will be prepared for you to try writing in class (for examples, Happy Birthday, Congrats, Hello, etc.). This workshop is suitable for those with no experience as well as those who have done one script before but want to try out different scripts.
- 4 March 2023 (Sat) 10:30am to 1pm OR
- 8 March 2023 (Wed) 7pm to 9:30pm OR
- 11 March 2023 (Sat) 10:30am to 1pm
Face to face workshop
Not Just A Card Studio Shop at Cheung Sha Wan, Hong Kong.
1 minute walk from Cheung Sha Wan MTR, C1 Exit.
(Map & Location)
Mainly in Cantonese, supplemented with English handouts. Your instructor Cyrus Pang can also speak English and Chinese Mandarin.
(About the calligrapher)
Materials included for you to use in class and take home
- Calligraphy writing paper
- Guideline sheets
- One 2-in-1 penholder
- 1 broad nib
- 1 pointed nib
- Calligraphy ink
You will need to bring:
- HB or 2B Pencil/mechanical pencil to take notes
- Coloured pen/gel pen to take notes
- Participants must be aged 16 years or above.
- Workshop fees are strictly non-refundable.
- No exchange of date upon registration.
- If the minimum number does not meet, the class maybe cancelled and students will be notified via email 2 days prior to the beginning of the first class. Students can choose to receive a full refund or change to another workshop date.
"Enjoyed the class a lot! Was a good taster to the variety of styles." - Nancy N. (June 2019)
"It was an amazing class and good to try a variety of different styles and techniques. I will be back very soon to learn more!" - Alexandra L. (June 2019)