Calligraphy Tasting Workshop (2.5 Hours)
Sorry, currently out of stock
LOCATION: 325 Koornang Road, Carnegie VIC 3163
LEVEL: Absolute Beginner
CLASS SIZE: Maximum 6 students
AVAILABLE DATE & TIME:
- 11 OCT 2019 (FRI) | 10am to 12:30pm - SOLD OUT
- 12 OCT 2019 (SAT) | 10am to 12:30pm - SOLD OUT
ABOUT THIS WORKSHOP:
This BRAND NEW Calligraphy Tasting Workshop will be suitable for you if you are:
- Interested in learning calligraphy but not sure where to start?
- Interested in several calligraphy scripts but not sure which script to start with?
- Already have some writing tools at home but not sure if they are suitable for calligraphy writing?
- Curious to try your hands on dip pen calligraphy but could not find time to learn?
In this 2.5 hours workshop, I will demonstrate and talk about different calligraphy scripts (including pointed nib and broad nib calligraphy), and some basic writing tools for beginners. I will also prepare samples of each script for you to try writing in class so that you can get a basic understanding of all the scripts, and maybe perhaps find out which one is your favourite script to start with.
The following scripts will be covered:
- Copperplate (using a pointed nib)
- Italic (using a broad nib)
- Gothic (using a broad nib)
- Modern Calligraphy (using a pointed nib and brush pen)
This workshop is suitable for those with no experience as well as those who have done one script before but want to try out different scripts.
All materials will be supplied for you to use in class, this includes both oblique and straight penholders, nibs (pointed and broad nibs), inks and papers.
- Please be on time as we have a lot to cover.
- Due to the duration and the nature of the workshop, students under 16 are not recommended to enrol.
WORKSHOP FEES ARE STRICTLY NON-REFUNDABLE regardless of personal circumstances changing after booking. If you are unable to attend, please send a friend in place and advise us of the change at least 24 hours prior to the workshop (via email only).
Q: Are the materials included in the workshop fee?
A: Yes, all writing materials will be supplied for everyone to use in class ONLY, but not to take home. However, you are welcome to take the script samples with you after class.
Q: Do I need to bring anything to the workshop?
A: It is always useful to bring a note pad, pencil, ruler and eraser.
Q: I am a left-hander, can I still do this workshop?
A: Yes! But please leave a note to me when you check out, as I will need to prepare some materials especially for the left-handers.
"Enjoyed the class a lot! Was a good taster to the variety of styles." - Nancy N. (June 2019)
"It was an amazing class and good to try a variety of different styles and techniques. I will be back very soon to learn more!" - Alexandra L. (June 2019)
This is a workshop, so no delivery cost is required, please select 'Pick Up In Store' at the checkout.