Are you ready to take your calligraphy to the next level? Flourishing is an elegant way to enhance your letterforms but it can be a bit overwhelming at the beginning with no instructions. However, once you break it down and learn a few rules, it's much easier than you think.
This workshop is suitable for beginners as well as those who want to refine their existing skills. Basic Copperplate minuscules and majuscules (uppercase and lowercase) knowledge is required. We will not be covering the basics of pointed pen calligraphy.
- 5 weeks of 2-hour classes commencing
- 20th March 2023 (Monday)
- 27th March 2023 (Monday)
- 3rd April 2023 (Monday)
- 17th April 2023 (Monday)
- 24th April 2023 (Monday)
- Please note there is NO CLASS on Mon, 10th April, Easter Monday.
Face to face workshop
Basic Copperplate minuscules and majuscules (uppercase and lowercase) knowledge is required. We will not be covering the basics of pointed pen calligraphy.
Not Just A Card Studio Shop at Cheung Sha Wan, Hong Kong.
1 minute walk from Cheung Sha Wan MTR, C1 Exit.
(Map & Location)
Mainly in Cantonese, supplemented with English handouts. Your instructor Cyrus Pang can also speak English and Chinese Mandarin.
(About the calligrapher)
- ONE PERSON - HKD $2400 + Optional HKD $250 for materials
(New Hong Kong studio grand opening limited time offer, was $2800 per person + materials)
YOU WILL LEARN:
- The hidden rules of flourishing.
- Understanding the relationship between lines and spacing.
- Minuscule (Lowercase) letter flourishing.
- Majuscule (Uppercase) letter flourishing.
- Various options for flourishing each letter form from basic to highly decorated.
- How to apply flourishing in whole words/short phrases.
(Optional) Materials included for you to use in class and take home
- Calligraphy writing paper
- Guideline sheets
- One 2-in-1 penholder
- 3 pointed nibs
- Calligraphy ink
You will need to bring:
- HB or 2B Pencil/mechanical pencil to take notes
- Coloured pen/gel pen to take notes
- Participants must be aged 16 years or above.
- Workshop fees are strictly non-refundable.
- No exchange of date upon registration.
- If the minimum number does not meet, the class maybe cancelled and students will be notified via email 2 days prior to the beginning of the first class. Students can choose to receive a full refund or change to another workshop date.
"I enjoyed the class so much!!! Cyrus has his own way of teaching that is so easy to understand and practice. Very well paced, he is not rushing through the session at all. Very well worth your time!" - by Linh N. (Facebook - July 2019)
"Cyrus thankyou so much for a truly wonderful experience, my journey in copperplate has begun all thanks to you, I can't believe how passionate and professional you are about calligraphy, but it shows as soon as I walked into your shop "NOT JUST A CARD". People need to go and try one of Cyrus' classes you will not be sorry and the information you receive is given in a humble but highly skilled format. I never picked up a dip pen before last w/end but have been practicing since then due to Cyrus teaching and encouragement, his shop is like Willy Wonkas but Cyrus Calligraphy, lastly Cyrus is a genuine gentleman thanks again, so grateful." - by Gavin R. (Google Review - Feb 2020)
"This store is truly amazing! So much to choose from and Cyrus has everything a calligrapher could want. It’s so hard to find a shop that has the range and it’s great to be able to view products before you buy. Cyrus is so fantastic too, so helpful and accommodating any needs or concerns you have with calligraphy. He offers first class workshops that is certainly worth checking out. Once you visit his shop you just want to keep returning." by Carole M. (Google Review - Jan 2020)