29th & 30th MAY 2021 - Introduction to Copperplate Flourishing - Online ZOOM Class
Sorry, currently out of stock
DATE: 29th & 30th MAY 2021
TIME: 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM - 2 HOURS - Sydney/Melbourne time
CLASS FORMAT: Live online class via ZOOM
LEVEL: Basic Copperplate minuscules and majuscules knowledge is required
LANGUAGE: Workshops for all levels in ENGLISH language
This class will meet for two 120-minute classes on the 29th and 30th May 2021 both days. The ZOOM session will be recorded. If you are unable to watch live, you may still take the class. Links for the videos will be sent to you after class has ended and expire in 2 weeks.
Are you ready to take your calligraphy to the next level? Flourishing is an elegant way to enhance your letterforms but it can be a bit overwhelming at the beginning with no instructions. However, once you break it down and learn a few rules, it's much easier than you think.
This workshop is suitable for beginners as well as those who want to refine their existing skills. Basic Copperplate minuscules and majuscules (uppercase and lowercase) knowledge is required. We will not be covering the basics of pointed pen calligraphy.
YOU WILL LEARN:
- The hidden rules of flourishing.
- Understanding the relationship between lines and spacing.
- Minuscule (Lowercase) letter flourishing.
- Majuscule (Uppercase) letter flourishing.
- Various options for flourishing each letter form from basic to highly decorated.
- How to apply flourishing in whole words/short phrases.
PDF handout will be sent to your registered email address 2-3 days prior to the class. The class ZOOM link will also be included in the email.
Supply List (excluded from the class fee)
- Canson or Arttec Bleedproof paper, or any smooth calligraphy writing papers that accept ink well
- Oblique Penholder if you are a right hander
- Straight penholder if you are left hander
- Flexible nibs, for examples, Hunt 101, Leonardt Principal EF, Hunt 22B, etc
- Walnut Ink or Sumi ink
- Straight ruler (at least 30cm), pencil and eraser
If you are from the US, Canada, Europe, etc, You may also purchase supplies from John Neal Books - www.johnnealbooks.com
- WORKSHOP FEES ARE STRICTLY NON-REFUNDABLE regardless of personal circumstances changing after booking.
"I enjoyed the class so much!!! Cyrus has his own way of teaching that is so easy to understand and practice. Very well paced, he is not rushing through the session at all. Very well worth your time!" - by Linh N. (Facebook - July 2019)
"Cyrus thankyou so much for a truly wonderful experience, my journey in copperplate has begun all thanks to you, I can't believe how passionate and professional you are about calligraphy, but it shows as soon as I walked into your shop "NOT JUST A CARD". People need to go and try one of Cyrus' classes you will not be sorry and the information you receive is given in a humble but highly skilled format. I never picked up a dip pen before last w/end but have been practicing since then due to Cyrus teaching and encouragement, his shop is like Willy Wonkas but Cyrus Calligraphy, lastly Cyrus is a genuine gentleman thanks again, so grateful." - by Gavin R. (Google Review - Feb 2020)
"This store is truly amazing! So much to choose from and Cyrus has everything a calligrapher could want. It’s so hard to find a shop that has the range and it’s great to be able to view products before you buy. Cyrus is so fantastic too, so helpful and accommodating any needs or concerns you have with calligraphy. He offers first class workshops that is certainly worth checking out. Once you visit his shop you just want to keep returning." by Carole M. (Google Review - Jan 2020)