Introduction to Flourishing
LOCATION: 325 Koornang Road, Carnegie VIC 3163
WORKSHOP FEE: $130 (was $150)
LEVEL: Basic Copperplate minuscule and majuscule knowledge is required
AVAILABLE DATE & TIME:
- 2 AUG 2019 (FRI) | 10am to 4pm
- 3 AUG 2019 (SAT) | 10am to 4pm
- 30 AUG 2019 (FRI) | 10am to 4pm
- 31 AUG 2019 (SAT) | 10am to 4pm
This workshop is tailored for people who are interested to learn one of the most beautiful and elegant styles - Flourishing.
Join us for a one-day Flourishing beginner workshop using a pointed nib!
This workshop is suitable for beginners as well as those who want to refine their existing skills. (Basic Copperplate minuscule and majuscule (uppercase and lowercase) knowledge is required. We will not be covering the basics of pointed pen calligraphy.)
All materials will be supplied for you to use in class, this includes penholder, nib ink and papers.
YOU WILL LEARN:
- The hidden rules of flourishing.
- Understanding the relationship between lines and spacing.
- Minuscule (Lowercase) letter flourishing.
- Majuscule (Uppercase) letter flourishing.
- Learning the basic steps for cartouches.
- Learning the basic steps for border designs.
- Receive personal one-on-one guidance during your practice.
- This workshop runs from 10am to 4pm, with 60 minutes lunch break. Lunches are not provided.
- We have a lot to cover, please be on time and we won't be able to run late!
- Due to the duration and the nature of the workshop, students under 16 are not recommended to enrol.
- WORKSHOP FEES ARE STRICTLY NON-REFUNDABLE regardless of personal circumstances changing after booking. If you are unable to attend, please send a friend in place and advise us of the change at least 24 hours prior to the workshop (via email only).
Q: Are the materials included in the workshop fee?
A: Yes, all writing materials will be supplied for everyone to use in class ONLY, but not to take home. However, you can take the handouts, guideline and practise sheets with you after class.
Q: Do I need to bring anything to the workshop?
A: It is always useful to bring a note pad, pencil, ruler and eraser.
Q: I am a left-hander, can I still do this workshop?
A: Yes! But please leave a note to me when you check out, as I will need to prepare some materials especially for the left-handers.
This is a workshop, so no delivery cost is required, please select 'Pick Up In Store' at the checkout.