20 & 21 MARCH 2021 - Italic For Beginners (Minuscules/Lowercase) - Online ZOOM Class
DATE: 20th & 21st March 2021
TIME: 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM - 90 minutes Sydney/Melbourne time
CLASS FORMAT: Live online class via ZOOM
LEVEL: Absolute Beginner
LANGUAGE: Workshops for all levels in ENGLISH language
This class will meet for two 90-minute classes on the 20th and 21st March 2021 both days. The ZOOM session will be recorded. If you are unable to watch live, you may still take the class. Links for the videos will be sent to you after class has ended and expire in 2 weeks.
This is tailored for people who are interested to learn one of the most beautiful and elegant styles - Italic script - lowercase alphabets (minuscules).
No prior calligraphy or lettering experience is necessary, just lots of patience and enthusiasm! This workshop is suitable for those with no experience as well as those who want to refine their existing skills.
YOU WILL LEARN:
- An introduction to the materials, tools and how to set them up.
- Learning how to load the nib with inks.
- Execution and ink flow problems.
- Writing posture and pen grip.
- Fundamental strokes of lowercase letters.
- Forming the lowercase alphabets (minuscules) and thoroughly understanding the shapes of minuscule letters.
PDF handout will be sent to your registered email address 2-3 days prior to the class. The class ZOOM link will also be included in the email.
Supply List (excluded from the class fee)
- Canson or Arttec Bleedproof paper, or any smooth calligraphy writing papers that accept ink well
- Straight Penholder or Pilot Parallel Pen (2.4 or 3.8)
- Broad nib with reservoir (Hiro Tape 2.0, Brause Bandzug 2.0, William Mitchell 2.0, Leonardt Round Hand 2.0 or Speedball C3)
- Walnut Ink or Sumi ink
- Straight ruler (at least 30cm), pencil and eraser
If you are from the US, Canada, Europe, etc, You may also purchase supplies from John Neal Books - www.johnnealbooks.com
- WORKSHOP FEES ARE STRICTLY NON-REFUNDABLE regardless of personal circumstances changing after booking.
"I enjoyed the class so much!!! Cyrus has his own way of teaching that is so easy to understand and practice. Very well paced, he is not rushing through the session at all. Very well worth your time!" - by Linh N. (Facebook - July 2019)
"Cyrus thankyou so much for a truly wonderful experience, my journey in copperplate has begun all thanks to you, I can't believe how passionate and professional you are about calligraphy, but it shows as soon as I walked into your shop "NOT JUST A CARD". People need to go and try one of Cyrus' classes you will not be sorry and the information you receive is given in a humble but highly skilled format. I never picked up a dip pen before last w/end but have been practicing since then due to Cyrus teaching and encouragement, his shop is like Willy Wonkas but Cyrus Calligraphy, lastly Cyrus is a genuine gentleman thanks again, so grateful." - by Gavin R. (Google Review - Feb 2020)
"This store is truly amazing! So much to choose from and Cyrus has everything a calligrapher could want. It’s so hard to find a shop that has the range and it’s great to be able to view products before you buy. Cyrus is so fantastic too, so helpful and accommodating any needs or concerns you have with calligraphy. He offers first class workshops that is certainly worth checking out. Once you visit his shop you just want to keep returning." by Carole M. (Google Review - Jan 2020)