Japanese Chiyogami Paper - Black Wave
Chiyogami Japanese papers are inspired by patterns on kimono fabrics dating from the Edo period and are hand silkscreened using intense colours with gold overlay
Chiyogami paper is handmade by a small amount of paper making families throughout Japan. It is important to keep alive this fine tradition of papermaking, as it is becoming more difficult to make a living as a papermaker due to the decreasing demand for the domestic market and to support small sustainable businesses.
It is easy to admire Chiyogami for its beauty alone but what is even more impressive is understanding the time and craftsmanship that goes into making just a single sheet. To create a single sheet of Chiyogami, each base sheet of Mulberry paper is silkscreened with as many colours as there are in that particular pattern - in most case, four or five colours.
- 70 gsm - 80gsm.
- Full sheet: approx 64cm x 94cm
- Handmade in Japan.
- Ideal for gift wrapping, box making, bookbinding, origami, wallpaper, interior decorations, etc.
** IMPORTANT ** Please read carefully before buying
Papers will be rolled in a custom made box.
- Standard flat rate delivery ($10.00) will NOT be eligible for these products as they are bulky.
- We can ONLY delivery these papers within Australia.
- The shipping charges shown at the checkout are standard charges calculated automatically by the system. You can request a shipping quote by sending us an email BEFORE buying, we will then weigh the parcel and let you know the cost.
- Actual product colours may vary from colours shown on your screen.
- Any questions, please call or email us before buying.