Traditional Copperplate Majuscules (Capitals - Uppercase)
LOCATION: 325 Koornang Road, Carnegie VIC 3163
WORKSHOP FEE: $150
LEVEL: Basic Copperplate minuscule (lowercase) knowledge is required
CLASS SIZE: Maximum 6 students
AVAILABLE DATE & TIME:
- 30 NOVEMBER 2019 (SAT) | 10am to 4pm
This is tailored for people who are interested to learn one of the most beautiful and elegant styles - Copperplate Majuscules (Capitals - Uppercase).
This workshop is suitable for beginners as well as those who want to refine their existing skills. (Basic Copperplate minuscule (lowercase) knowledge is required. We will not be covering the basics of pointed pen calligraphy.)
YOU WILL LEARN:
- Fundamental strokes of majuscules.
- Breakdown of the majuscules.
- Forming the letters and thoroughly understanding the shapes of majuscule letters.
- Manipulation of the pointed nib for the execution of majuscule strokes.
- How to turn the fundamentals into variations.
- Receive personal one-on-one guidance to help each student correct their mistakes along the way.
- This workshop runs from 10am to 4pm, with 60 minutes lunch break. Lunches are not provided.
- We have a lot to cover, please be on time and we won't be able to run late!
- Due to the duration and the nature of the workshop, students under 16 are not recommended to enrol.
- WORKSHOP FEES ARE STRICTLY NON-REFUNDABLE regardless of personal circumstances changing after booking. If you are unable to attend, please send a friend in place and advise us of the change at least 24 hours prior to the workshop (via email only).
Upon completing this class, you will have at least one week to keep on practising at home yourself and be able to further your skills in the following class:
- Introduction of Flourishing.
Q: Are the materials included in the workshop fee?
A: Yes, all writing materials will be supplied for everyone to use in class ONLY, but not to take home. However, you can take the handouts, guideline and practise sheets with you after class.
Q: Do I need to bring anything to the workshop?
A: It is always useful to bring a note pad, pencil, ruler and eraser.
Q: I am a left-hander, can I still do this workshop?
A: Yes! But please leave a note to me when you check out, as I will need to prepare some materials especially for the left-handers.
This is a workshop, so no delivery cost is required, please select 'Pick Up In Store' at the checkout.