Ultra Black Calligraphy ink 30ml
- This ink is very black. Heavily pigmented ink.
- Acrylic based, fast drying, lightfast, water-resistant, non-toxic, intense colours with a smooth even flow that can be used as transparent washes, layered tints or bold fields of strong colour.
- This ink will not fade like traditional dye based inks.
- Use with brushes, drawing and calligraphy pens and airbrushes on most clean, non greasy surfaces such as paper, board, wood and primed canvas.
- Product of Australia.
- Pigments may settle, stir well before use.
- Dry with a beautiful matt finish.
- 30ml leakproof container.
This ink is great for brush work and broad nibs writing, suitable for Italic, Foundational, Gothic, Uncial and Carolingian styles. The colour is very black, so it's good for reproduction work, or if you need to photocopy your lettering.
I also use this ink for Copperplate and Modern Calligraphy. This ink is quite thick compared to other brands, I use the ink straight from the bottle, if the ink is too thick for you, simply add a few drops of water to dilute it, as the ink is heavily pigmented, the colour will still remain very black. The attached Copperplate works were written by me, straight from the bottle, without adding any water.
Stir well before use, and clean your nib immediately after each use.