Pratik Scroll Pen Set of 8
- Handmade in Turkey.
- Wooden handle (beech).
- The nib is made of stainless non-rust metal, nickel alloy.
- Ideal for Gothic, Foundational, Italic, Uncial and Carolingian writings.
- For interesting, double/multiple line calligraphic effects and decorative borders.
- Each pen creates its own unique design.
This set contains one each of the following pens and one leather case.
- 5 mm
- 7 mm
- 9 mm
- 10 mm
- 11 mm
- 13 mm
- 14 mm
- 15 mm
- Leather roll up case
Which side should be used?
- As you write, the branding on the handle should be facing upwards.
How to fill the pen?
- Bottled ink - Dip the nib into the ink and shake the nib very gently. This will hold the optimum amount of ink and excess ink will not drop on the page.
- Brush - You may fill the Pratik Pen with a brush, dropper or pipette.
How do I set up?
- There should be a cushion of blotting paper or leather underneath the paper on which you wish to write or draw using the Pratik Pen.
The pen isn't working properly...
- Make sure the metals blades are in equal contact with each other. If one of the metal blades is slightly misaligned, gently press on the sloped flange on a page till the blades are in equal contact.
If the nib is snagging on the paper
- If a new pen is scratchy or the writing tip is rough, rub the tip back and forth on a very fine sandpaper or Wet or Dry abrasive paper - between 1000 and 2000 grit.
How to clean the pen?
- Scrub the nib with an old toothbrush and water. Be gentle or you may damage the pen. Dry using a soft cloth or paper towel.