Come and learn how to make beautiful handmade boxes. This workshop is tailored for crafters who are interested to learn how to make a hinged box by using decorative papers. No prior experience is required, just lots of patience and enthusiasm.
In this One-Day class, you will learn how to make one small hinged box (the box size is approx 11cm x 4cm x 7.5cm) from scratch. After the class, you will be able to continue making boxes in different sizes using the same technique. There will be lots of cutting involved using a cutter/blade, cutter mat and a steel ruler. The class will predominantly consist of teacher demonstrations and explanations, and you will be able to follow along each step of the way.
Face to face workshop
Not Just A Card Studio Shop at Cheung Sha Wan, Hong Kong.
1 minute walk from Cheung Sha Wan MTR, C1 Exit.
Map & Location
Mainly in Cantonese. Your instructor Cyrus Pang can also speak English and Chinese Mandarin.
YOU WILL LEARN:
- An intro to the materials, tools and how to set them up
- How paper grain direction works
- Colour matching tips and tricks
- How to cut the materials preciously
- How to assemble the box
- How to apply decorative papers to the box
- How to create partitions
- All the materials will be provided for you to use in the class.
What to take home?
- You own handmade box (one box).
Please note that workshop fees are strictly non-refundable regardless of personal circumstances changing after booking.