Modern Calligraphy 又名 Contemporary Pointed Pen，利用沾水筆Dip Pen書寫，規矩比起傳統的銅版體較為簡單，靈活多變。此課程包括：書寫工具介紹和應用，探討現代體小階和大階的基礎書寫技巧，連字和簡單詞語書寫，然後配上簡單字體裝飾 (Basic Flourishing)，並應用到句子上，讓參加者體驗沾水筆書寫樂趣。
- A班：2023年7月6、13、20日（星期四）10am - 12:30pm
- B班 ：2023年7月15日、7月29日 & 8月5日（星期六） 10:30am - 1pm
Not Just A Card 環球之藝Studio
- 每位港幣 $1680
- 小階字體結構(a to z)
- 大階字體結構(A to Z)
A pointed nib is not only for Copperplate Calligraphy! This workshop explores the casual, fun and playful side of pointed pen lettering using a dip pen.
No prior calligraphy or lettering experience is necessary, just lots of patience and enthusiasm! This is a great class for complete beginners, but also for those who need some revision.
- Class A: 6th/13th/20th of July 2023 (THUR) 10am - 12:30pm
- Class B: 15th/July, 29th/July and 5th August (SAT) 10:30am - 1pm
- Each session is 2.5 hour
Face to face workshop
Absolute Beginner or for those who want to refine their existing skills
Not Just A Card Studio Shop at Cheung Sha Wan, Hong Kong.
1 minute walk from Cheung Sha Wan MTR, C1 Exit.
(Map & Location)
Mainly in Cantonese, supplemented with English handouts. Your instructor Cyrus Pang can also speak English and Chinese Mandarin.
(About the calligrapher)
- HKD $1680 per person
- Workshop fee includes handouts, penholder, nib and ink.
YOU WILL LEARN:
- An introduction to the materials, tools and how to set them up.
- How to load the nib with ink.
- Execution and ink flow problems.
- Writing posture and pen grip.
- Fundamental strokes of LOWERCASE and UPPERCASE thoroughly understanding the shapes of the letters.
- How to combine the letters to make words and sentences.
- How to turn the fundamentals into variations.
- Learn how to apply BASIC FLOURISHES to words, sentences and quotes.
You will need to bring:
- HB or 2B Pencil/mechanical pencil to take notes
- Coloured pen/gel pen to take notes
- Participants must be aged 12 years or above.
- Workshop fees are strictly non-refundable.
- No exchange of date upon registration.
- If the minimum number does not meet, the class maybe cancelled and students will be notified via email 2 days prior to the beginning of the first class. Students can choose to receive a full refund or change to another workshop date.
"I enjoyed the class so much!!! Cyrus has his own way of teaching that is so easy to understand and practice. Very well paced, he is not rushing through the session at all. Very well worth your time!" - by Linh N. (Facebook - July 2019)
"Cyrus thankyou so much for a truly wonderful experience, my journey in copperplate has begun all thanks to you, I can't believe how passionate and professional you are about calligraphy, but it shows as soon as I walked into your shop "NOT JUST A CARD". People need to go and try one of Cyrus' classes you will not be sorry and the information you receive is given in a humble but highly skilled format. I never picked up a dip pen before last w/end but have been practicing since then due to Cyrus teaching and encouragement, his shop is like Willy Wonkas but Cyrus Calligraphy, lastly Cyrus is a genuine gentleman thanks again, so grateful." - by Gavin R. (Google Review - Feb 2020)
"This store is truly amazing! So much to choose from and Cyrus has everything a calligrapher could want. It’s so hard to find a shop that has the range and it’s great to be able to view products before you buy. Cyrus is so fantastic too, so helpful and accommodating any needs or concerns you have with calligraphy. He offers first class workshops that is certainly worth checking out. Once you visit his shop you just want to keep returning." by Carole M. (Google Review - Jan 2020)